When design is the most important thing
The control rooms and controls are the point where the most critical decisions are made and where it is necessary to have the equipment, information and good design that allow the operator to effectively take the most accurate decisions.
There are currently many denominations for the control rooms: CIO rooms, CIGO rooms, CSC rooms, NOC rooms, SOC rooms, among others, which correspond to the functionality of each industry in which they are implemented.
However, there are parameters common to all rooms, associated with the design and areas of action that must be considered, applying a standard that develops the constructive program of a control room, regardless of the application.
This software is focused on the operator and develops the so-called control suite, which includes:
- Crisis rooms.
- Data center.
- Training room.
- Laboratory and development.
- Meeting room.
- Spaces of relaxation, and others.
The design and development of these rooms is implemented by ETICSA, supported by the International Standard ISO 11064 «Ergonomic design of control centers».
ETICSA has developed an integrated offer for the solutions of the control rooms, based on its experience in the development of engineering and infrastructure, allowing to offer all the components in a single solution.
This offer is summarized in the following solutions:
- Development of engineering from conceptual to detail engineering.
- Development of civil works associated with the proposed layout.
- Development of high availability electrical systems.
- Development of HVAC systems for 7×24 operation.
- Development of communications system, networks and communication equipment of high performance and availability, communication rooms.
- Development of physical security system, access, CCTV monitoring rooms, fire detection.
- Development of integrated solutions for data center.
- Development of multimedia solutions for interactive rooms.
- Development of Wall Display solutions.
- Development of workstation solutions for operators and complementary furniture.
Why a Control Room?
The importance of a control room is directly proportional to the impact of the decisions that are made in it.
A well designed, efficient and equipped room will allow you to make the right decisions at the right time, avoiding situations of risk, serious losses, or even the disappearance of the business.
Some facts about this crucial importance:
- The responsibility in decision making rests with the operator, especially in situations of risk. A suitable control room is an indispensable tool to avoid possible contingencies.
- Globally, errors committed by operators surpass the millions of dollars in losses . The investment in technological resources of the Control Room must be associated both with what is wanted to control, and in offering an appropriate environment for people.
- One of the keys to the success of a Control Room is the design itself. The correct relationship between the furniture and the elements of the space (sky, partitions and floors), should allow the balance in the interaction of the operators with their peers and the privacy of each one with respect to their job.
- Acoustics plays a key role in providing privacy perception of operators in crowded places, by eliminating reverberation and reducing ambient noise levels.
In addition to the physical components such as the workstation and its location (lighting, acoustics, etc.), it is necessary to understand the process, systems and applications in which the operator will be involved.
CONSIDERATIONS BASED ON ISO-11064
The international standard ISO 11064 is the basis of the ergonomic design of the Control Rooms, which can be defined in a single term: User-centered design.
This standard contains the ergonomic principles, recommendations and standards for the correct design of a Control Room. It is divided into 8 sections:
- Principles for the design of Control Rooms.
- Principles for the Control Organization.
- Disposition of the Control Room.
- Layout and dimensions of work stations.
- Human-System Interfaces.
- Environment requirements for the Control Rooms.
- Principles for the evaluation of the Control Rooms.
- Ergonomic requirements for specific applications.
A Control Room must be integrated with your business, so that you can manage among others:
- Process Control.
- Transport Control.
- Quality Control.
- Environmental Management.
ARCHITECTURE COMPONENTS: From the design point of view, there are 4 factors to consider:
Efficiency, reliability and low cost
Currently with the Cloud concept, energy efficiency and critical operations, the demand for data and distributed environments increases, and this requires the implementation of agile, immediate and low total cost solutions.
With our modular and packaged Dynamic Shelter design, organizations can see the direct benefits of their operation: all in a modular data center, prefabricated, repeatable and operationally optimized .
Each modular structure contains everything necessary for a fast start-up, without setbacks, with minimum requirements of space, time and resources, in a turnkey data center solution. Our Dynamic Shelter is a solution:
- Dynamic Solution : Quick to install, Adaptable to critical operating environments.
- Transportable : Container-type modular transportable structure, allowing for quick installation and operation.
- Scalable: Design has the capacity to grow in N equal models, generating wider common spaces. (Electrical Room, White Room and Mechanical Room)
- Customizable: Our solution adapts to the requirements of our customers, in terms of configuration and facilities.
- Low implementation time : The construction and installation of a Modular Data Center is equivalent to only a quarter of the time required to design and install a conventional Data Center of the same physical measurements.
Each Data Center Modular Dynamic Shelter, has the following characteristics and advantages:
- Engineering and studies performed previously complying with TIA 942 regulations in relation to TIER II /TIER III.
- Modular structure, of specific construction for the computer room, with spaces not only of cold and hot aisle but also propitiating proper administration.
- Equipment sharing, use of KVMs, network administration and servers.
- Construction time equivalent to only 25% of a conventional indoor room.
- Implementation without discomfort: elimination of parallel processes and organizational traumas for your business (without cuts, long renovations and works, personnel entry to the site, multiple visits for technical tests, etc.).
- Savings of up to 30% in the total TCO of property (purchase cost, supervision, bids, preparation, guarantees, services).
- Determination of powers in support, feeding and cooling to measure and efficient.
- Solutions suitable for any execution environment (desert, extreme cold, rain, saline environments, dust, etc.).
Characteristics and Technological Structure
- Metal structure, under seismic zone norm (zone 3).
- Perimeter construction F60 and F120.
- Pressurized room.
POWER & ENERGY
- Topology according to N, N + 1, 2N or 2N + 1.
- For TIER II /TIER III.
- Power distribution 3Ph /1Ph.
- ATS integration, manageable /monitorable PDU.
WIRING & CONNECTIVITY
- Structured cabling CAT 6A /6.
- FO OM3 /OM4 MM channels.
- Active management.
- In Row Cooling – In Room.
- Air conditioners to service rooms N + 1 according to TIER.
- Start-up and start-up.
- SAT tests.
- Maintenance and monitoring.
- Local and regional guarantee.
MONITORING & ADMINISTRATION
- Monitoring of environmental variables.
- Thresholds and preventive alerts.
PROTECTION & SECURITY
- Detection and extinction of automatic fire with clean agent (NOVEC 1230).
- Access control room /rack /service areas.
- Perimeter and interior CCTV.
Integral solutions to complex problems
The industrial assembly is the process by which pieces are placed in their final positions within a larger structure. These pieces are made of different materials and are adapted to the new needs of the industry and new architectures.
The work of the companies of industrial assemblies constitutes a permanent challenge to ingenuity. It is usually developed in conditions of complex environments, it must be connected to existing structures, and with reduced deadlines, most of the time it must maintain the continuity of a plant in production or be carried out with the urgency of entering into production a new plant.
For this the industrial assembly companies carry out:
- A complete planning and analysis of multiple factors.
- Transport, assembly of parts and electrical assemblies.
- Finally, project checks.
All this in perfect synchronization, optimizing time and resources.
Environment conditions that are part of the development of industrial assembly services:
- Physical environment.
- Complex geographical conditions (climate, soil type, economic regional characteristics, demographics, infrastructure and basic equipment).
- Administrative organization of the tasks.
- Legal and institutional environment (accreditations, ordinances, permits, etc.).
-Ability to connect to existing structures.
The development of an industrial assembly has several stages that are addressed by the industrial assembly companies according to the type of work to be done in which they identify:
- Final design of the assembly project.
- Analysis of dispatch activity.
- Execution analysis.
- Human resources analysis.
- Analysis of technical resources.
- Analysis of the physical space.
- Field operations.
- Previous Stakeout
- Reception and download.
- Quality verification, revision, coding, parts correction.
- Arrangement prior to assembly.
- Transfer to the work front.
- Assemblies and industrial services proper.
- Temporary reinforcements.
- Definitive connection.
Types of assemblies and industrial services
ETICSA with more than 25 years making industrial infrastructure, for the IT areas and productive areas, has developed a methodology and a work team that has specialized in the following types of assembly:
- Assembly of control cables, electrical assembly and assembly of communications networks (copper or industrial fiber optic ).
- Installation of pipelines in CAG, EPC, for electrical systems and weak currents.
- Assembly of support structures for cabinets, boards, booths, on masts and existing infrastructure.
- Assembly and supply of specialized equipment protection systems such as housing for CCTV cameras of specific applications, supports for specialized instrumentation systems such as Smart Driver, level sensors, field operation consoles, among others.
Much more than assemblies: we provide solutions
At ETICSA we do not only perform industrial electrical assemblies , nor the simple sum of engineering and electrical assemblies . We are a company that provides integral solutions to complex problems for your business.
Unlike other industrial assemblies s companies, we deliver solutions that go beyond electrical assembly. We carry out our work in such a way that you only have to worry about receiving the finished work and on the scheduled date; No setbacks, excuses or delays.